What’s New In Horizon 2309 – Now Generally Available
Just released and made generally available on 10/26/2023 is Horizon Version 2309. This is the most current release of Horizon View from VMware. As a reminder this is a majority of the updates below. Look to the links below in the release notes section for full feature information and any additional updates should they happen from VMware.
Horizon Server and Instant Clones
- Session load distribution across CPA pods (load Index approach)
- Published Apps on Demand option to accept App Volumes Manager certificate thumbprint when adding to Horizon.
- Allow Edge Gateway to consume events from Horizon Connection Servers.
- Forensics – enable protection of held VMs from accidental deletion.
- Leverage sysprep workflow to create computer accounts and perform domain join.
- OpenSSL 3.0 upgrade for Connection Server
Client and Agent Release
- RDSH application launch limit
- Per-RX bandwidth reporting.
- Separate screen recording from screen capture blocking.
- Volume improvements.
- ARM Windows support for USB.
- OpenSSL 3.0 upgrade for all clients/agent/etc..
- vSphere 8: True Read-only Feature enablement per Center.
- AVM credential support for file shares.
- Published Apps on Demand option to accept AVM cert thumbprint in Horizon.
- App Volumes in AVD Remote Apps. About App Volumes Deployment on Azure
- App Volumes in Amazon AppStream 2.0. Workflow of App Volumes for Amazon AppStream 2.0
Dynamic Environment Manager
- Dynamic configuration of Horizon FIDO2 web authentication redirection for users.
- Dynamic configuration of Horizon storage drive redirection for users.
- Support for configuring non-policy locations in ADMX-based settings.
Unified Access Gateway
Certified support for deploying UAG on Azure in FIPS mode with Smart Card authentication with the Blast Secure Gateway.
Added disk usage statistics to the log archive for troubleshooting purposes.
Updates to Photon OS package versions and Java versions.
- Horizon Server
- Horizon Client for Android
- Horizon Client for Chrome
- Horizon Client for iOS
- Horizon Client for Linux
- Horizon Client for Mac
- Horizon Client for Windows
- Horizon HTML Access
- App Volumes
- Dynamic Environment Manager